Legal Advice Community

Abuse and Safeguarding

Many issues are dealt with formally through your local council, known as "safeguarding boards" or "Social Services". You will need to contact your council directly. In other circumstances, you can report concerns via calling 101 (or 999 in an emergency).

If you feel unable to make a formal report, you can discuss your concerns with a teacher, doctor or similar professional however be advised they may need to disclose what you have told them. You should ask about what they must disclose before telling them.

Last updated: 21.06.2023